20 March 2014

Mr. Moustache

69-71 HALL STREET, BONDI 
PH | YOURS TRULY

I'M COMING BACK FOR YOU TUNA TOSTADAS! 
LUNCH | DINNER | DRINKS WITH FRIENDS VIBE
http://www.mr-moustache.com.au/

So, I really wasn't bluffing about the whole food thing.. (instagram gives a hint) - last week was one of the rare times in life had my taste-buds been inspired, think mmmm's, oo's and a couple of oh my's. I'm always gushing over meals and dishes, but never had my mouth been overwhelmed with so many flavoursome and texture-some sensations at one go. Either I'm a complete amateur foodie or the fact that I've been going to all the wrong Mexican restaurants, and my love affair for taco's and and all things Mexican was a lie. (Obviously all of the above).

I was overly impressed by not only by the taste of food but the detailing of presentation through the cocktails/drinks (which is a given), the modern meets authentic Mexican, & especially the branding; even the minuscule of things like masque themed menu's, down to the crookery; all sourced from the markets of Mexico, and the witty banter of stickers, teaching rookies like I, the bona fide Mexicano way of taco handling & tequila skulling.
I'll 100% be back next week for their 50% off taco's (mon-fri 5-6pm) & the tuna tostadas that enlightened my soul (legit).

Dishes I recommend (order according to photos):
1. Guacamole: Served with Beetroot chips - I could easily eat an entire bag of these chips. Completely fresh and cooked to order.
2. Hamburguesita picosita de cordero (Mini Lamb burger): Cucumber, Jalapenos, Chipotle Mayo. Best burger I've had in a while..
3. Gringo: Wagyu Beef, bacon & melted cheese tortilla / Pescado Baja: Beer battered fish, picked cabbage & chipotle mayo.
4. Chipotle meatballs / duck tostadita
5. Tuna Tostadita: These are bloody amazing & I'm coming back for these ASAP. Mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Desserts:
I've placed them in priority order, incase you can't decide which one to stuff your face in.
1. Chocolate Brownie: Chilli choc brownie that will melt in your mouth and possibly melt your heart a little.
2. Platanos Machos: Banana sauteed with caramel. Enough said.
3. Guave Creme Brulee: If you're a creme brulee enthusiast like I, you will love this creation. 


FOLLOW | INSTA | FB | TWTTR | ASK

8 comments:

  1. The food looks so good! I want some. x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any vegetarian dishes that you can suggest? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any vegetarian food that you can suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, this is making me so hungry. I definitely need to check this place out when I'm next down in sydney. I wish I could just eat at trendy (and tasty) cafes everyday!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever get to go to australia which I hopefully will, I will definitely need to check out this place
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am heading to Sydney on April 2nd... this place has to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled on your blog... greetings from NYC! I've always wanted to visit Australia, love the style / food posts.

    -Sher
    www.shershegoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha i seem to hear your excitement when speaking of those tuna tostadas! what a cutie x

    wawachunks.com

    ReplyDelete

Love reading comments, so drop some by and leave a name and URL
x Yan