69-71 HALL STREET, BONDI
PH | YOURS TRULY
I'M COMING BACK FOR YOU TUNA TOSTADAS!LUNCH | DINNER | DRINKS WITH FRIENDS VIBE
So, I really wasn't bluffing about the whole food thing.. (instagram gives a hint) - last week was one of the rare times in life had my taste-buds been inspired, think mmmm's, oo's and a couple of oh my's. I'm always gushing over meals and dishes, but never had my mouth been overwhelmed with so many flavoursome and texture-some sensations at one go. Either I'm a complete amateur foodie or the fact that I've been going to all the wrong Mexican restaurants, and my love affair for taco's and and all things Mexican was a lie. (Obviously all of the above).
I was overly impressed by not only by the taste of food but the detailing of presentation through the cocktails/drinks (which is a given), the modern meets authentic Mexican, & especially the branding; even the minuscule of things like masque themed menu's, down to the crookery; all sourced from the markets of Mexico, and the witty banter of stickers, teaching rookies like I, the bona fide Mexicano way of taco handling & tequila skulling.
I'll 100% be back next week for their 50% off taco's (mon-fri 5-6pm) & the tuna tostadas that enlightened my soul (legit).
Dishes I recommend (order according to photos):
1. Guacamole: Served with Beetroot chips - I could easily eat an entire bag of these chips. Completely fresh and cooked to order.
2. Hamburguesita picosita de cordero (Mini Lamb burger): Cucumber, Jalapenos, Chipotle Mayo. Best burger I've had in a while..
3. Gringo: Wagyu Beef, bacon & melted cheese tortilla / Pescado Baja: Beer battered fish, picked cabbage & chipotle mayo.
4. Chipotle meatballs / duck tostadita
5. Tuna Tostadita: These are bloody amazing & I'm coming back for these ASAP. Mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I've placed them in priority order, incase you can't decide which one to stuff your face in.
1. Chocolate Brownie: Chilli choc brownie that will melt in your mouth and possibly melt your heart a little.
2. Platanos Machos: Banana sauteed with caramel. Enough said.
3. Guave Creme Brulee: If you're a creme brulee enthusiast like I, you will love this creation.
FOLLOW | INSTA | FB | TWTTR | ASK